Did you ever have a lemonade stand when you were a kid? Work in the family business? Eventually, go on to handle tenant coordination, project management, and retail/restaurant pad site development? Today, Clint Coons of Anderson Business Advisors talks to Pam Goodwin, founder of Goodwin Commercial. Being an entrepreneur at such a young age inspired Pam to start her own company to guide local and national clients with commercial real estate acquisitions, lease obligations, and consulting services.
- What is a ground lease? Purchase commercial land, find tenant, lease property to them, collect revenue, and sell land at cap rate
- What to look for when buying commercial property? Explore community to determine what type of use is missing and re-develop property
- What is a single-tenant net lease? Single tenants are those that lease commercial properties (i.e., Taco Bell, McDonald’s, and Wendy’s)
- How to find profitable commercial real estate? Perform due diligence, team up with experts, and attend commercial real estate networking events
- What’s the future of commercial real estate? Still a growth market, but slowing down
- Where to invest in commercial real estate? Georgia, Texas, and Oklahoma are among “hot” markets to find opportunities; buy in the path of progress