Do you know much about your parents and grandparents? Where they came from? How they lived? Today, Toby Mathis of Anderson Business Advisors talks to Chad Ketcher of Generation Bridge Media. Chad captures the lives of senior citizens on video to help them create a personal legacy and bridge the generational gap. Otherwise, all is lost and left behind for future generations.
- Why drawn to conversations with senior citizens? Most fascinating and interesting people willing to share great stories and wisdom
- Why build a bridge between high schoolers and seniors (over 60 years old)? Show current teenagers what it was like to be teenagers decades ago
- Why did Chad create a Memory Planning Toolkit? Offers worksheets that spark specific memory points to document or video stories from senior citizen’s perspective
- Why video instead of write your legacy? Video captures non-verbal communication, from hand gestures to eye rolling; 93% of our communication is non-verbal
- Who was the prankster, crazy uncle, or bridezilla in your family? Lives are built on remembering family dynamics and personalities that create classic moments
- What is Chad’s process? Have camera, will travel for in-person interviews where seniors communicate and pass down their values, beliefs, and messages
- What’s the most interesting story told to Chad? Gordy Sundin, a professional athlete who went from majors to minor league and released; Gordy felt safe to share and confess deep and meaningful things with his family that had never been said before