Looking for land? It’s tough to find.So, where do you find the niches to find the riches to invest in raw land?
Today, Clint Coons of Anderson Business Advisors talks to Seth Williams, founder of REtipster, an online community that offers real-world guidance for real estate investors.
Seth discusses how he realized that land is probably the better way to go. It’s easier to find deals on land than houses and it costs a lot less.
- Raw Land Investments: Low liability, low risk, no tenants, and property taxes are cheap.
- What’s worth buying or not? Vacant land is simple, but is not easy.
- Always Ask: Is the property zoned right? Are there restrictions? What are the setbacks?
- Environmental Due Diligence: How much is spent on raw land development? A fortune.
- DataTree: You can get most of the information you need without spending a fortune.
- How to get started? Identify market, location, seller financing, state laws, and tax rules.
- Where? New Mexico and Southwest—less complex and fewer variables to understand.
- Invest to Sell: Market property with Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, and Zillow FSBO.
- Leads: Pros and cons of using direct mail, automated offers, and not knowing markets.