Like all things in this world, it helps to know a few of the rules. Toby Mathis and Jeff Webb of Anderson Advisors are here to help. Do you have a tax question? Submit it to taxtuesday@andersonadvisors.
- What rate am I taxed at for my LLC? It depends; you choose how it will be taxed on SS-4
- Can I buy personal items or pay off personal bills with my business credit card? Yes, but the entity type dictates how it’s taxed
- What investment opportunities can be considered that have no tax liability, minimum risk, and at least a 10% annual return? Doesn’t exist; try investment real estate, IUL insurance
- Can I deduct real estate education expenses, even though I don’t have any profits? Yes, it’s not necessarily about profits, but how long you’ve been in the business
- Can my LLC create its own self-directed IRA? No, vice versa; self-directed IRA would create LLC, or it’s a prohibited transaction
- What constitutes being a real estate professional? 750 hours of professional time in real estate and material participation in real estate activities
- Do you have to be a real estate professional to do a cost segregation at tax time? No, but if you have losses in excess of your real estate income, then be a real estate professional to offset your other income and pay less in taxes
- If I were to have an online health coaching business where people can complete purchase transactions through an automated Website, how will the income produced be taxed? It’s not always ordinary income; depends on what you’re selling
- How old does a child have to be before putting the business in their name? 18 years old
For all questions/answers discussed, sign up to be a Platinum member to view the replay!
Go to iTunes to leave a review of the Tax Tuesday podcast.