Toby Mathis and Jeff Webb of Anderson Advisors answer your tax questions and provide the psychology behind it all. They help you understand why the laws are written the way they are, so you can be a better steward of your money. Do you have a tax question? Submit it to taxtuesday@andersonadvisors.
- When can I pay family members employed by my corporation - annually or regular intervals? Depends on federal and state laws, but no IRS rule regarding pay schedule
- Should an LLC or individual lease car used primarily for business; what are the tax consequences? Brings liability to business; have appropriate and adequate insurance
- What are bookkeeping and tax implications of LLC being taxed as C Corp? Bookkeeping is the same for all business structures; LLC is state designation, but doesn’t have stock
- Should I use Quicken or QuickBooks for bookkeeping? Software doesn’t always need to be purchase; go with QuickBooks or use spreadsheets
- Can I deduct my real estate training seminar costs? Depends on where you want to deduct it (if on Schedule C, then no) and if you’re already in the real estate business
- Are you a real estate professional, if you have a property management company? Possibly, if you have 750 hours of real estate professional time and material participation
- What’s the best way to utilize a 1031 exchange? Sell and buy real estate
- Can income from self-employment be offset by Tesla tax benefit/credit? Yes
For all questions/answers discussed, sign up to be a Platinum member to view the replay!
Go to iTunes to leave a review of the Tax Tuesday podcast.