Taxes are confusing and challenging for most people. By answering your tax questions, Toby Mathis and Jeff Webb of Anderson Advisors give and get what you deserve. Do you have a tax question? Submit it to taxtuesday@andersonadvisors.
- What are advantages/disadvantages to lease purchase of vehicle via C Corp? Depreciation and percentage of use restrictions; better option is to reimburse mileage
- What’s the best tax strategy for a vacation/short-term rental that I own and sometimes use? Can’t deduct certain expenses for personal use; only ⅔ of expenses/depreciation
- What’s the best state to form an LLC for charging order protection? Wyoming or Nevada
- What are two types of liability for a business? Inside and outside
- For tax purposes, should I pull all my 401k money at one time for real estate investing? Depends on several factors, including income and losses
- Can I put rental payments in my personal bank account, or in property’s LLC bank account? Run it through LLC; respect your LLCs for courts to do the same
- Are charitable contributions deductible to a C Corp? Yes, but restricted to 10% of taxable net income; offer sponsorship to make it an expense, rather than a contribution
- I provide gas, food, and lodging to an unrelated person. Is any of that deductible on my personal return? No; it’s considered a gift, if $15,000 or less each year
For all questions/answers discussed, sign up to be a Platinum member to view the replay!
Go to iTunes to leave a review of the Tax Tuesday podcast.
Cost Segregation (firstname.lastname@example.org)