Celebrate the 100th episode of Tax Tuesday, where Toby Mathis and Jeff Webb of Anderson Advisors bring tax knowledge to the masses. Do you have a tax question? Submit it to taxtuesday@andersonadvisors.
- Is there a preferred tax structure for a foreign investor compared to a U.S. investor? United States taxes worldwide income, if you’re a U.S. resident and there’s a treaty between the United States and other country
- I’m an independent contractor through a company that sends me a 1099. Can I be self-employed through LLC I created, or do I need to be an employee and have taxes taken out? You’re an employee of your S Corp; you can’t get a 1099 as a contractor
- Do you have to file a tax return, if you have an LLC owned by a solo 401(k)? No, unless it’s a partnership with more than $250,000
- If I own a timeshare (not as an investment), and I go there one week a year, are there tax deductions I can take? Very few are deductible and difficult to get
- Do IRS Section 179 Depreciation Rules apply equally to C and S corps? Yes
- I am remodeling an apartment building. Is cost segregation an option? What are the reporting requirements? Report depreciation of cost segregation of recent remodel
- What are the advantages of qualifying as a real estate professional? Real estate losses are no longer passive, but active to offset your personal income
For all questions/answers discussed, sign up to be a Platinum member to view the replay!
Go to iTunes to leave a review of the Tax Tuesday podcast.